Your privacy is important to Education Revolution LLC (“we”, “us”, or “our”). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Education Revolution LLC collects, and the ways in which Education Revolution LLC uses that personal information.
This document was created part by using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
Personal information collection
Education Revolution LLC may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
(1) what information we may collect from or about you, and how we collect such information;
(2) how we use such information; and
(3) what rights and choices you have regarding such information.
Using personal information
Education Revolution LLC may use your personal information to:
[administer this website;]
[personalize the website for you;]
[enable your access to and use of the website services;]
[send to you products that you purchase;]
[supply to you services that you purchase;]
[send to you statements and invoices;]
[collect payments from you; and]
[send you marketing communications.]
This refers to personally identifiable information about a User, such as first and last name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, birth date, profile photo, and account login information (i.e., username and password). It also includes information that may be uniquely linked to a User as, such as server log file data and session information. Many areas and features o Education Revolution LLC are open to all Users, therefore, you may access them without having to disclose any personal information. However, access to certain areas and features from Education Revolution LLC will require registration, in which case you will be asked to provide certain personal information in order to complete the registration. The following describes the circumstances in which we may collect personal information from and about Users:
(a) Electronic Mailing Lists: We use electronic mailing lists to send news, updates, announcements, newsletters, and other communications to Users via email. To join our electronic mailing lists, you will need to provide your email address. You may opt out of our mailing lists at any time. Once you opt out, we will not reuse your email address unless you rejoin our mailing lists or otherwise opt in to receive electronic communications from us.
(b) Survey and Feedback Forms: We may use online survey and feedback forms to gather opinions, comments, suggestions, etc. about Education Revolution LLC from our Users. Survey and feedback forms may be completed and submitted by Users anonymously without disclosing any personal information. However, should you choose to voluntarily disclose personal information to us, we will collect such information.
(c) Enrollment: When enrolling in Education Revolution’s private school certain personal information is required to be collected and maintained on file by law. Education Revolution collects and stores such information in accordance with the law.
(d) Member Registration: Certain areas and features of Education Revolution LLC are accessible only to registered Members, such as correspondence course resources. When you register as a Member, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, birth date, and a password. We collect birth date information for age verification purposes. [NOTE: If you are under the age of 13, you will be asked to provide your name and your parent’s or teacher’s email address instead, and we will send a notification email to your parent or teacher so that he/she can create an Education Revolution LLC account for you.]
When registering, you may (optional) provide general information about yourself, such interests. Also, for some programs you maybe able to include a profile photo of yourself. Please note that your first name and your general profile (including your profile photo) – but not your last name, email address, birth date, and your login password – will be “public” information, meaning that they will be viewable and accessible by others user of Education Revolution LLC. Also, all User Postings made by you will automatically be linked to your username and profile, so they will be visible to others in connection with your postings. Note that your last name, email address, birth date, and your login password will be kept private by Education Revolution LLC and will not be published or shared with others by Education Revolution LLC (subject to limited exceptions specified in “How We Use Information About You”).
(e) Log Files and Cookies: Our web servers may automatically generate log files that contain data linked to individual Users, such as IP address, browser type, operating system, ISP domain name, referring/exit page, date/time stamp, clickstream data, etc. Also, the Education Revolution LLC may use “cookies” to collect session information about individual Users’ visits.
This refers to any information that does not identify a User personally. For example, we may gather demographic and/or other aggregate data about our Users as a group. Also, we may use online survey and feedback forms to gather opinions, comments, suggestions, etc. about Education Revolution LLC on an anonymous basis from our Users; occasionally, we report quoted feedback from Users, but we do not attribute feedback to individual Users unless we have permission from a User to use his or her name along with the feedback. We collect and use non-personal information to administer and monitor Education Revolution LLC, to analyze traffic and usage patterns and trends, to improve the functionality of the Education Revolution LLC website and programs, and to enable us to personalize and better Users’ experience. When we report information about the Site to our partners and investors, we report non-personal information only.
How We Use Information About You
- Use by Education Revolution LLC: If you voluntarily disclose to us, we will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it is intended. For example, if you join our electronic mailing lists, we will use your email address to send you news, updates, announcements, newsletters, and other electronic communications.
- Sharing with Third Parties: Except in the limited circumstances specified below, we DO NOT knowingly share your personal information with third parties except
- Education Revolution LLC may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
- If given direct permission by a User over the age of 13 who has enrolled in a program which requires sharing of information for provision of materials or services (for example mailing address in order to receive directly mailed text materials)
- Marketing: Education Revolution LLC will not share your information with third parties for the purposes of marketing.
- School Reporting: Certain disclosure of demographic, non-personal, information is required by law in order for schools to legally operate. For example, student enrollment numbers are required to be reported annually. The law does not require disclosure of any personal data of students. Education Revolution LLC discloses non-personal information required to stay in compliance with laws related to private school administration.
Securing your data
Education Revolution LLC will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Education Revolution LLC will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology provided by the third party companies employed by Education Revolution LLC (for example PayPal or Google).
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Education Revolution LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post
2938 Canoe Circle
Saint Cloud FL, 34769